Members must meet the following three criteria:
- Subscribe to NEN’s mission and purpose, as defined in this Charter.
- Subscribe to NEN’s principles, as defined in this Charter.
- Agree to follow community rules, as defined in this Charter.
There are three ways to become a member of NEN, which are described in detail below:
- Individuals may apply to the membership committee to become members
- Individuals may be sponsored into NEN by three NEN stewards.
- Institutions may be invited to join NEN.
Membership Rights and Responsibilities
- Members have the right to create Working Groups.
- Members agree contribute to NEN’s data base by completing the NEN survey.
- Members agree to be listed on NEN’s public web site. They must share their name and may elect to share more information in NEN’s searchable database.
- Members may submit news for inclusion on the public web site.
- Members have access to NEN’s secure intranet communications platform with multiple functionalities, including; the complete NEN data base, a members’ bulletin board, a complete listing of all Working Groups, full access to open working group work platforms, NEN’s charter, and a list of all governance committees and sub-committees chairs and members, quarterly updates from NEN’s Executive Committee, and reports from the and Working Group Committee. They do not have access to closed NEN Working Groups’ work platforms.
- Institutional members agree to designate an individual to represent them as NEN members.