Who We Are
The New Economy Network is a network of individuals and organizations interacting and collaborating within a broad framework of shared objectives. It is an ecumenical endeavor open to many perspectives and ideas. We are oriented toward finding solutions, not placing blame. What brings us together as a group, and what defines our activities as a group, is our shared commitment to collaborative action, systemic change, diversity of perspective and mutual learning.
Why We Have Come Together
Our vision is a successful global economy that will,
- Work for all people and communities and meet our basic human needs, including food, shelter, good health, education, meaningful work, and energy;
- Preserve and restore the natural environment for current and future generations;
- Provide opportunities for all people to find satisfying work, develop their human potential and participate fairly in the value they help create;
- Have markets and financial institutions that are fair, transparent, well regulated, and accountable for all participants; and
- Release the creativity of the more than six billion people who share the planet toward new solutions, products, and services.
- Comprehensive reforms that address the current failures of the global economy to provide full employment, healthy communities, stable markets and to protect the planet.
- Systemic solutions that address root causes, not ad hoc, piecemeal, or narrowly nationalistic approaches that are focused on symptoms.
- Collective input and effort of leaders from many disciplines and communities, not just top-down adjustments to current markets by regulators and economic experts.
- Assessment and application of alternative models and approaches, which have been developed in the periphery of public awareness, that together point the way to a more just and sustainable economy.